Good afternoon, everyone!
Sounds like you all had some excitement this morning at co-op with the snow starting sooner than expected! I hope all of you made it home safely. 🙂
Since we didn’t have class (or homework) last week, I’m giving you a l-i-t-t-l-e more work than usual this week. No worries…I have complete faith in you! This is what you need to do:
- Watch Crash Course Physics: Motion in a Straight Line
- Watch Crash Course Physics: Derivatives – yes, it’s math <shudder> but it’s a good overview, and math nerds (ahem…Timmy 😀 ) will probably enjoy this lesson
- Watch Crash Course Physics: Integrals – <sigh> more math…I mean YAY! more math! 😀
- Watch Crash Course Physics: Vectors & 2D Motion – Harry Stiles???
- Watch Crash Course Physics: Friction
- Watch Crash Course Physics: Uniform Circular Motion
- And finally, go to Biography.com and read about the life of Stephen Hawkings, a world-renowned physicist who died on March 14th. Then write a three-paragraph report about his life and work. You may use sources other than this article to help in writing your report, if you wish. His official website is Stephen Hawking. And if you’re interested in learning more, I recommend the movie The Theory of Everything starring Eddie Redmayne, which is an in-depth look at Hawking’s life. It is rated PG-13 and I don’t remember anything inappropriate, but, even so, it’s probably best to get your parents’ permission first.
That’s all for this week. Stay safe and enjoy the snow! 🙂